What motivates us
Surprisingly, women know very little about their own bodies.
Our bodies are amazingly complex and this complexity doesn't change after midlife. But, we often fail to interpret, let alone recognize, the signals our bodies send to us. To gain a better understanding of the current state, we conducted a survey with over 1,000 women between the ages of 40 and 55:
We aim to fill these knowledge gaps.
"Our vision is a world where women go through the second half of life with confidence and serenity. We want to create a pro-age society that respects and supports women."
Peggy Reichelt, XbyX Founder
Our passion and purpose
In our journey through midlife, we experience significant changes in our personal and family lives. Our bodies no longer bounce back as easily from little indulgences; stress, lack of sleep and unhealthy eating take a toll, leaving visible marks. And then there are hormonal changes to contend with! Menopause starts earlier than we think but this is only a problem when we are unprepared.
At XbyX, we are dedicated to liberating women from the stigma surrounding menopause. Our mission is to actively support women as they navigate midlife and empower them to shape their lives with energy and balance. Our goal is to provide knowledge and offer plant-based, non-hormonal products developed in collaboration with highly esteemed medical experts. Our products are specifically designed for women over 40, addressing hormonal balance, menopause and healthy ageing.
XbyX - Inspired by the diversity of the female chromosome.
1. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - We believe we can never know enough about our bodies. Knowledge is the key to making the right decisions every day.
2. FACTS OVER FICTION - Our solutions are based on research and scientific evidence.
3. NUTRITION IS THE BEST MEDICINE - We firmly believe that lifestyle changes have the greatest impact on healthy ageing. Nutrition is our top priority.
4. EVERY WOMAN IS UNIQUE - We know that there is no "one-size-fits-all" magic pill that will work for every woman. We encourage you to experiment and record your results.
5. THE GLASS IS HALF FULL - We're all about finding solutions, staying positive, and looking ahead with a proactive mindset. Complaining and negativity? That’s not our style.
6. AGE IS JUST A NUMBER - We embrace courage. We believe in pursuing an active lifestyle and always staying curious. Age doesn’t matter because we still have so much to discover!
7. WOMEN ARE NOT SMALL MEN - We support science that focuses specifically on women. We find it unacceptable that 51% of the population has been overlooked in terms of adequate research.
It’s 2018. I’m in my early forties and living in Berlin. None of my friends want to talk about menopause. They brush it off. They’re irritated by my persistence because they are still having their periods...
I find myself thinking, “What's going on here?” Menopause, midlife transitions, hormonal changes… These are completely natural processes and yet we're not supposed to talk about them? No one seems to have a problem talking about Botox and hyaluronic acid. But sleep disturbances and hot flushes? Not a peep!
But Botox doesn't prevent osteoporosis. Hyaluronic acid doesn't protect you from developing Alzheimer's. And what about all the other changes that can occur in your late thirties or early forties? No one wants to acknowledge them. No one wants to talk about them.
So, I started researching. I learnt about perimenopause - the beginning of menopause. It's an important time because it lays the foundation for healthy ageing. And that's why XbyX exists: Women's health in midlife deserves more attention, a more modern approach and for every woman to feel comfortable about ageing
Who we are
Many aspects of women's health are still taboo. Among them is the menopause. We founded XbyX to change that. We offer knowledge and holistic solutions to women who are in their middle years. With unwavering passion, we bring our wealth of experiences and expertise to the table. For women by women.